ClickFunnels is primarily focused on being a platform that excels at building good sales funnels. That is its specialty and, to a certain extent, it comes at the expense of other facets of online businesses.
HighLevel, on the other hand, is mainly CRM system software. Its focus is on customer relationship management. It enables agencies to help business owners cultivate their communication and business relationship with their audience and customers to develop more successful businesses.
Why You Need a Sales Funnel
Just as an in-person business requires certain skills, the same goes for running an online business. That’s what good sales funnel software provides you with. A sales funnel automates the operations that would traditionally require a dedicated sales team. It works in the background, capturing leads around the clock without you having to constantly monitor it.
Creating and integrating a good sales funnel into a wider sales and marketing campaign is far from a breeze. Hence, more and more platforms are developing solutions for this issue.
HighLevel is one of them. It has developed into a full-suite, one-stop sales and marketing solution that has carved a niche for itself in the sales funnel building field too. Some even refer to HighLevel as a funnel builder. In that respect, it’s comparable to other funnel builders, including ClickFunnels.
Since a native, powerful funnel builder is part of HighLevel too – and both platforms operate within the same wide field of sales and marketing, both offer similar functions, and both include various tools in one place – a HighLevel vs. ClickFunnels comparison really makes sense. And that’s exactly what we’re going to do here: explore and compare these two platforms, and see which one makes a better overall solution for today’s online businesses.
HighLevel offers a 14-day free trial (credit card needed), two regular pricing plans, and a special upgrade on top of the higher-tier plan.
Let’s explore the HighLevel pricing system more closely.
1. Agency Starter Account: $97/month.
This is some basic info on the Agency Starter Account:
Twilio is a cloud CPaaS (communications platform as a service) that enables multiple kinds of communication, text messaging, and phone calls, while Mailgun is a communication platform for sending and receiving emails. These are fundamental CRM services, so naturally they’re available with the basic HighLevel plan.
2. Agency Unlimited Account: $297/month.
While the Agency Starter Account is perfect for a marketing agency run by one person, the Agency Unlimited Account is more for a team. Here are the basics of what the plan includes:
With this intermediate plan, you have more creative control and a wider scope of possibilities.
3. The last option, as we already mentioned, is not a typical pricing plan. It’s an upgrade designed for the Agency Unlimited Account. It’s not cheap: you have to pay $497 plus the usual monthly fee for the Agency Unlimited Account. However, it offers so many features in terms of customizability and control that it’s worth it:
This advanced upgrade gives you the opportunity to get a custom-built mobile app that fully reflects your branding and allows you to add whichever integration you want through Zapier.
ClickFunnels offers a 14-day free trial and three pricing plans:
1. A basic plan called ClickFunnels that costs $97/month.
- 20 shareable funnels
- up to 100 sub-pages within a funnel
- 1 sub-user
- 3 different payment processors
- possibility to connect to 3 custom domains
- access to FunnelFlix (which is like Netflix for sales and marketing training courses from experts in the field)
- chat support
2. An intermediate plan called Platinum, priced at $297/month.
This plan includes:
- unlimited sharable funnels, pages, and follow-up funnels (to communicate with your audience via email after they take action or even leave your sales funnel)
- 3 sub-users
- 9 different payment processors
- 9 custom domains
- a ton of training and courses
- weekly peer review hackathons and coach guidance
- priority support
3. An advanced plan called Two Comma Club X priced at $2,497/month.
This pricing plan includes everything from the Platinum plan, but in larger quantities. With this plan you’ll get:
- 10 sub-users
- 27 payment processors
- 27 custom domains
- special training and courses
- VIP phone support (basically the only big difference from the Platinum plan)
A big drawback of the ClickFunnels pricing system is that its basic plan lacks a fundamental sales and marketing tool, such as an automated email service. This feature is part of the follow-up funnels, and it’s only available with intermediate and advanced plans.
Another even bigger issue is that, depending on the number of your clients, ClickFunnels can be extremely pricey. The platform allows you to have only one client per account. This means that for, say, 10 clients you need to have 10 separate accounts. This equals 10 times the regular monthly fee you pay for the plan of your choice. Imagine what it would cost if you had 100 or more clients!
HighLevel provides 24/7 support and you can find a solution to your problems in many different ways.
For starters, there’s a support portal, full of articles on frequently asked questions related to the platform: onboarding, general topics, email, phone calls, campaigns, trigger links, funnels, etc. There are also onboarding videos on how to set things up when you’re starting with the platform. There’s a ticket system, email support, phone support, and live chat. Along with this, you can find useful tips on the community forums or join the Facebook community.
Users have an overwhelmingly positive experience with how HighLevel handles customer issues. The live chat support is great, just like the overall HighLevel customer service. The support team is friendly, responsive, and helpful, and it has very high customer ratings. HighLevel's customer service is widely regarded as one of the platform’s greatest assets.
ClickFunnels also offers help to its customers and general audience through multiple channels.
There’s a support page where you can find countless articles, guides, podcasts, video training, courses, and similar. There’s also a ClickFunnels blog with a lot of useful information on various sales-and-marketing topics like GDPR compliance, upselling and cross-selling, advertising, and more. You can join the official ClickFunnels group on Facebook, or write to the platform’s support chat (bot) available to anyone who visits the official site of ClickFunnels.
Besides this, ClickFunnels provides phone support to VIP members (with the Two Comma Club X plan) and better chat support exclusive to its customers (chat with real humans).
Overall, despite the multiple-channel support, the ClickFunnels customer service is not exactly up to par. Several users have reported slow replies and having an unpleasant experience with the customer support team. Some even cite the ClickFunnels customer support among the reasons that made them switch to another platform.
HighLevel is a robust platform that offers high-quality features. The fact that it was mainly built for marketing agencies gives it an edge over the ClickFunnels competition because it offers functionality not easily found anywhere else.
These are some noteworthy features that HighLevel offers:
- White labeling, which means that you, as an agency owner, can use your own logo and domain. This option makes it possible for you to sell the HighLevel software as if it was your own.
- The possibility to include a live chat widget into your funnel.
- Tools for course creators, like a membership builder.
- A HighLevel dashboard, where you can track conversion rates and create different types of campaigns: sales, marketing, follow-up, and so on.
- Marketing campaigns. You can create a campaign from scratch, use bulk requests for adding people to a certain campaign, and copy a whole campaign, in case you have clients of the same type.
- Reputation management.
- Unlimited business accounts. You can have a separate account with your branding for every single client.
- The option to build a website. There are plenty of scenarios where you can make use of this option. For instance, you can create a site for your own agency or build sites for your clients and make them part of an entire sales and marketing strategy that enhances your clients’ businesses. HighLevel even provides you with a few website templates.
- Drag-and-drop editor, similar to the one ClickFunnels provides. It allows you to experiment with the layout, add countdown timers, navigation menus, buttons, pop-ups, and more. Also, you can change the padding, modify text properties, use custom code, see how your page or site looks on mobile and desktop devices, etc.
- The ability to move a lead from a less successful campaign to a more promising one.
- Automated marketing and follow-up campaigns.
- The ability to communicate with leads in many different ways: through SMS messages, via Messenger, over the phone, via emails and voicemail messages, and more.
- The ability to build sales funnels and pipelines.
- Trigger links.
- The option to duplicate an account, when there are similar clients.
- Broadcast messaging.
- The option to import and export contact lists.
- Detailed call information.
- Snapshots (account templates built for different industries that include forms, landing pages, triggers, and more).
- Forced calls.
- Appointments and calendar tool.
- Analytics and reporting.
- Two-way texting.
- An affiliate program that is simple and, with a 40% payout, very generous.
- AI and machine learning system that powers the platform.
The one really special feature of HighLevel is that it allows you to copy a link of a ClickFunnels funnel and start using it, as it is or with some modifications, on HighLevel. It can be your sales funnel, but it doesn’t have to. Pretty cool, right?
This is an option available on your dashboard that you can use whenever you find it appropriate for building a new sales funnel. Of course, it’s not recommended to use the exact same specifications of the ClickFunnels funnel, but it’s your choice. One caveat though: if you’re copying someone else’s sales funnel, be sure that you have permission to use it.
If you do decide to copy from ClickFunnels, keep in mind that the HighLevel version of the sales funnel won’t be an exact copy of the original. But the bulk of the things you need will be there. By the way, the “migration” process is pretty quick.
HighLevel covers everything ClickFunnels does. The difference is that HighLevel is a much more integrated platform with native software solutions for different facets of modern-day business. At the same time, its features are simpler, more up to date, and, generally speaking, of better quality.
We already mentioned some ClickFunnels features when we explored the pricing plans. Now, let’s have a look at other notable ClickFunnels features:
- Different types of page templates (landing, form, squeeze page, etc.). It’s good that they’re part of what ClickFunnels offers, but a tiny problem is that they’re very similar. So design-wise they’re not exactly the best, but regarding functionality, they’re pretty good.
- Membership sites and membership areas.
- Actionetics, which is basically an email marketing and automation tool developed by ClickFunnels itself. ClickFunnels also offers email templates and lets you manage email lists. So, when it comes to communication for marketing purposes, ClickFunnels offers an email option. There’s no voicemail, phone calls, or SMS.
- Affiliate program (undoubtedly one of ClickFunnels saving graces).
- Your own affiliate program as part of a funnel.
- Drag-and-drop editor/page builder that’s easy to use and has a fair number of customization options (padding modification, color adjustment, custom CSS, and more).
- One-click upsells.
- Analytics and reporting.
- A/B split testing.
- The option to add both physical and digital products to your funnels.
- Software for building different types of funnels like video sales letter funnels, launch funnels, follow-up funnels, and more. This is definitely the best selling point of the platform, I’m sure many would confirm. In addition to this, ClickFunnels offers great sales funnel templates for various types of businesses.
There are some things that are missing from the ClickFunnels repertoire of built-in features. It would be nice if ClickFunnels offered video hosting, a helpdesk service for clients’ sales funnels, and a booking/scheduling tool. Currently, these are functions available only as third-party integrations. There haven’t been any notable innovations on the ClickFunnels side in a long while. It looks like the platform is stuck where it was a few years ago. Let’s hope that this changes in the near future.
ClickFunnels is not a highly integrated all-in-one platform like HighLevel, which makes it a bit clunky, glitchy, and slow.
HighLevel doesn’t offer many third-party integrations beyond those available via Zapier. At this time, these are the integrations found on the official HighLevel site:
- Facebook (social network)
- QuickBooks (accounting)
- ManyChat (communication, chatbots, marketing, customer care)
- ActiveProspect (communication, consent-based marketing)
- Zoom (video conferencing, webinars)
- Stripe (payment processing)
There are no other payment gateways available besides Stripe, which some may find a bit inconvenient. As you’ll see shortly, ClickFunnels offers more payment processors and other integrations than HighLevel does.
However, Zapier comes to the rescue. You can add a custom selection of Zapier-available apps. Apart from this, HighLevel allows integration with other software through embed codes. A clear example of how seamless this process can be is DropInBlog, a cutting-edge blogging tool.
As HighLevel doesn’t include a blogging function in its repertoire, and we know that blogging can be a vital component of business success as the long history of WordPress clearly shows, you may be wondering how you can add a blog to your or your client’s HighLevel website. At this moment, the best option for blogging on HighLevel, is to add DropInBlog. It doesn’t take long to do this and get everything up and running.
If you think that not having that many options in terms of integrations is a significant drawback, keep in mind that there may be some rationale behind it. Presumably, this is the case because the software that runs natively on the HighLevel replaces so many third-party apps, it makes having a plethora of integrations virtually redundant.
Virtually, but not completely – as blogging and DropInBlog clearly show.
When it comes to third-party software integration, ClickFunnels offers many options. The complete list of available ClickFunnels integrations is pretty long, so let’s mention some of the most widely known apps on the market.
ClickFunnels integrates with:
- Mailchimp (email marketing)
- Twilio (calls and text messages)
- Shopify (e-commerce)
- ActiveCampaign (email marketing, sales automation, and CRM)
- AWeber (email marketing and autoresponders)
- EverWebinar (webinar automation)
- Facebook (social network)
- HubSpot (lead generation and CRM)
- Kajabi (courses and training)
- Salesforce (CRM, sales, marketing, and commerce)
- ShipStation (online shipment and order fulfillment)
- SlyBroadcast (voice messages)
- WebinarJam Studio (webinar hosting, surveys, polls, Q&A’s)
- Zapier (integrations)
- Zoom (video conferencing and webinars)
The platform is especially strong in the payment software integration department. There are a dozen payment tools compatible with ClickFunnels, some of which are:
- Apple and Android Pay
All in all, ClickFunnels performs pretty well as far as third-party integration is concerned. The platform doesn’t have as many built-in features as HighLevel, but it fills the holes with the many available integrations.
The bulk of the reviewers we explored, when giving their final verdict on HighLevel vs. ClickFunnels, favor the former. On the other hand, ClickFunnels has been around for longer and it’s the more popular platform, statistically speaking. As these stats from SimilarWeb show (be aware that the numbers change every month), ClickFunnels has much more traffic. This implies that more people have heard of the platform.
However, the average time visitors spent on the HighLevel website is much longer, the number of visited pages is higher, and, especially important, the bounce rate – the percentage of visitors who don’t take any additional action when visiting a site like checking out more pages, purchasing a product/service, or commenting – is much lower. This means that despite being the lesser-known platform, HighLevel had traffic of higher quality.
This implies that HighLevel offers better content, hence the higher level of engagement. All of this means that HighLevel is a serious platform on the rise, so you can expect to hear this name and see a lot more about it on the Web in the near future.
ClickFunnels may still be the undisputed champion in the sales funnel division, but it hasn’t offered anything like a breakthrough in a long while. In the meantime, many other sales and marketing platforms have emerged that have begun to take over the market. They don’t feed on the past; rather they all look to the future. HighLevel is one of them. It’s a force to be reckoned with.