As an all-in-one platform, Kajabi offers so much to its customers. It excels as a course builder, coaching program, and webinar builder. It allows you to create standard websites, membership sites, landing pages, and sales and marketing funnels. In addition to this, you can use Kajabi as a CRM system, an analytics tool, and an email marketing platform. The best thing is that you can do all these things – and more – from a single account. But, what about Kajabi pricing: is Kajabi worth it?
That sounds great, but how much do you need to pay for all these tools and services? Is Kajabi affordable? More importantly, is it cost-effective?
In the following sections, we’ll analyze Kajabi pricing and whether Kajabi is worth it. You be the judge and decide whether it's worth your money, time, and effort. We’re not just going to cover prices but how cost-effective we believe the platform to be as well. Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- The Kajabi Pricing System
- Kajabi Access
- Price and Cost-Effectiveness
- Final Thoughts
The Kajabi Pricing System
The Kajabi pricing system is pretty straightforward. There’s a 14-day free trial, three pricing plans, two types of billing (monthly and annual), a 30-day money-back guarantee, some typical payment processing fees, and no long-term contract commitments. Let’s start with the pricing plans.
The Basic Pricing Plan
The Basic plan costs $149/month if you pay month-to-month and $1,428/year if you opt for annual billing. The yearly subscription includes a 20% discount, which means it’s the same as paying $119/month. It’s worth noting that the 20% discount on annual billing applies to all three plans – not just the Basic.
Who Is the Basic Plan For?
As Kajabi puts it, the Basic plan is “for beginners.” It would work great for someone who wants to create their first online education program, whether it’s a course or a full-blown coaching program. The Basic plan will kick-start your online business.
Since the plan is called Basic, you might expect its features to be rudimentary, but that’s not necessarily the case. The Basic plan includes all the essential features that cover the needs of new and small businesses. In short, it’s a perfect match for its target audience.
The Basic Plan Features
We’ll divide the Basic plan features into three different groups:
- Key Features:
- Ability to have three digital products and promote them via three pipelines or sales funnels.
- Unlimited landing pages and unlimited marketing emails.
- One website and one admin account to take care of the website and all things business-related.
- Up to 10,000 contacts on your list. This number includes all contacts, regardless of whether they have subscribed, unsubscribed, or made purchases.
- A possibility to have up to 1,000 active members, meaning contacts who have not just subscribed to receive marketing emails but have also made purchases from you.
- Use of automation.
- Secondary Features:
- Pre-built page/site and pipeline templates for better and more convenient product building and promoting.
- Quizzes for your customers to check how well they have learned your material and surveys for you to collect customer feedback.
- Learning and Support:
- Access to the courses and educational resources available at the Kajabi University that help you learn more about Kajabi and sharpen your coaching and business skills.
- Chat support available during business days from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A customer success activation call, meaning a one-on-one call with a Kajabi expert (called a Customer Success Manager) as a part of the Kajabi onboarding process.
The Growth Pricing Plan
The Growth plan is the most popular Kajabi pricing plan. It costs $199/month (monthly billing) or $1,908/year – the same as $159/month (annual billing).
Who Is the Growth Pricing Plan For?
The Growth plan would be excellent for someone who already has experience in the niche. If you’ve built a few courses and feel like it’s time to scale up and take your business to the next level, the Growth plan may be just what you need.
The Growth Pricing Plan Features
The Growth plan allows you to have more of the same key features available in the Basic plan, but it doesn’t stop there.
On top of more quantity, it adds new features to the feature set from the Basic plan. Here, we’ll show only its additional features compared to the Basic plan:
- Key features:
- 15 products and pipelines
- 25,000 contacts and 10,000 active members
- Ten admins
- Advanced automation
- Possibility to remove the Kajabi branding, which allows you to build stronger brand awareness and online presence
- Possibility to start your own affiliate program and add one more revenue stream
- Learning and Support:
- Around-the-clock live chat support
The Pro Pricing Plan
The Kajabi Pro plan will cost you either $399/month or $3,828/year (the same as $319/month), depending on which type of billing you select. It’s the highest-tier and most expensive Kajabi plan. The Pro plan is not for everyone, and it’s not going to fit everyone’s budget.
However, the steep price doesn’t tell the whole story. The Pro plan can be cost-effective if your business has grown enough to make efficient use of all the tools and features available. So in that sense, it could be the right choice for you.
Who Is the Pro Plan For?
The Pro plan is not suitable for every online education business, period. By all accounts, Kajabi created it to target established, highly developed, and hugely successful online education businesses.
If you don’t have a host of students, a lot of coaching experience, or a ton of educational material and products, then this plan would probably be overkill.
The Pro Plan Features
As far as unique features are concerned, not much separates the Pro from the Growth plan. More precisely, the only notable difference between the two is the added ability to use the Kajabi code editor, which translates to significantly more customization options than you’d otherwise have.
Apart from the code editor, the Pro plan includes the following significant quantitative improvements compared to the Growth plan:
- 100 products and pipelines
- 100,000 contacts and 20,000 active members
- Three websites and 25 admins
Kajabi has a refund policy granting refund eligibility to customers during the first 30 days after signing up for a paid plan.
The procedure is simple and convenient. You just need to send an email to [email protected], where you inform the team that you want to cancel your subscription, and you’ll get your money back. According to Kajabi, you’ll get “a full no-questions-asked refund.”
For other types of refunds, check out the Terms of Service.
Payment Processing and Other Fees
Kajabi has a firm policy that they do not charge any transaction fees. However, just like other similar platforms, you may still pay additional fees to your payment processor. The point is that you will only pay your subscription fees – and nothing more to Kajabi.
As an illustration, if Stripe is your preferred payment processor, it will charge you 2.9% + 30 cents every time you receive payment. Obviously, when you integrate third-party apps like DropInBlog or ActiveCampaign, Kajabi won’t cover your costs either. Any external costs outside of the Kajabi platform are additional, so you’ll need to consider that in your budget.
In the previous section, we talked at length about the Kajabi pricing system. However, there’s one topic that we intentionally left out from our discussion so far: Kajabi Access. And it definitely deserves special attention.
What Is Kajabi Access and How Much Does It Cost?
Kajabi Access functions as a plan upgrade or add-on available to all Kajabi customers, regardless of their subscription plan. It costs $99/month, paid on top of your Kajabi plan fee. You can start using it right off the bat when you’re starting with Kajabi for the first time or choose to add it later to whichever plan you subscribe to.
The Kajabi Access fee is fixed. Irrespective of the type of billing that you opt for – monthly or annual – you’ll pay $99/month as long as you’re using it. The full prices you pay with this add-on, on top of the three Kajabi pricing plans, are the following:
- The Basic plan plus Access: $248/month (monthly billing) or $2,616/year annual billing (the same as $218/month)
- The Basic plan plus Access: $298/month (monthly billing) or $3,096/year annual billing (the same as $258/month)
- The Basic plan plus Access: $498/month (monthly billing) or $5,016/year annual billing (the same as $418/month)
What Does Kajabi Access Include?
The perks of Kajabi Access are the following:
- Six one-on-one customer success sessions per year with a dedicated Kajabi Customer Success Manager whose purpose is to help you optimize your business for success.
- Twice the quantities of everything you get with each of the plans. For example, you’ll be able to create six products instead of three with the Basic plan, 30 instead of 15 with the Growth plan, and 200 instead of 100 with the Pro plan.
- Access to the Kajabi code editor, which means a ton more customization options, even with the Basic and Growth plans.
- Privilege to be a part of a selected group of clients who can access every new feature and beta launch released by Kajabi before anyone else does.
- Access to the Hero Hub Office Hours – weekly sessions led by the Kajabi Customer Success team to provide even more exclusive help and assistance to Kajabi customers.
Who Is Kajabi Access For?
Basic Plan Subscribers
The Basic plan subscribers can benefit enormously from the multiple one-on-one sessions with a dedicated Customer Success Manager who knows Kajabi inside out. This type of help can be invaluable for entrepreneurs who are just starting out in the online education domain.
In addition, access to the Kajabi code editor can be of great help to tech-savvy users. It gives you the ability to add a more personal touch and set your business apart from the competition right from the get-go.
There are so many online resources today that can teach you the basics of CSS, which means adding custom styles to your site is not nearly as difficult as it used to be in the past. You don’t have to be a professional developer anymore to write some basic CSS and improve the look of your site, which makes the code editor a highly desirable feature.
Growth Plan Subscribers
Kajabi Access can be useful in different contexts. One of the most obvious ones is when Growth plan subscribers need to scale without necessarily wanting to upgrade their current plan. The higher number of products, pipelines, contacts, and sites can make a big difference.
The price gap, however, between the Growth and Pro plans is pretty wide – $200 – so using Kajabi Access to get more value as opposed to upgrading your plan is a smart idea. Kajabi Access gives you access to features otherwise available only with the Pro plan for a much lower price than the Pro plan.
So, if you need more customization options and more products, pipelines, marketing emails, contacts, members, websites, and admin accounts but not as many as the Pro plan includes, the Growth plan combined with Kajabi Access will do the trick.
Pro Plan Subscribers
As far as the Pro subscribers are concerned, taking into account the scale of these businesses and their high demands, adding more volume to what they already get is a big plus. This additional range with Access and the Pro plan can be the difference between success and failure.
Price and Cost-Effectiveness
As we saw in the previous sections, Kajabi’s prices range from $119/month to $399/month without Kajabi Access and a maximum of $498/month with Kajabi Access added to the Pro pricing plan.
In all honesty, these are high prices, and this is not just our opinion. Many Kajabi customers say the same.
However, could these prices be justified? What exactly is it that Kajabi offers that makes these high prices more acceptable?
Well, it’s no secret that Kajabi takes pride in being an all-in-one platform. As such, it seems that Kajabi strives to replace as many different apps as possible. The following image demonstrates this point very clearly:
Before Kajabi, you had to seek out business management solutions through various platforms and providers. Then, when you found them, you had to glue them together and somehow make them work as an integrated whole.
That can be time-consuming and, quite simply, an absolute nightmare from a software and business management perspective. What’s more, this can also be a pretty expensive solution, considering that you need to buy multiple subscriptions to different platforms.
As a one-stop business management solution, Kajabi offers virtually everything you need to run your online business smoothly from one place – this is where the value comes in. Kajabi saves you the hassle of making all these different software packages run together, and – according to a majority of its customers – it’s pretty successful in doing so.
Finally, Kajabi is of great value to entrepreneurs by saving them money. How, you might ask? By integrating all of these different types of software and business management solutions, you’ll save on fees. Based on the functionalities it offers, Kajabi is striving to replace the following platforms and web apps:
- Teachable, Kartra, and Thinkific for creating courses, coaching programs, and similar digital products.
- Squarespace, Wix, and WordPress for building websites.
- SamCart, WooCommerce, and Keap for sales.
- Baremetrics for analytics.
- Mailchimp, ConvertKit, and AWeber for email marketing.
- ClickFunnels, Instapage, and Leadpages for building landing pages.
- ActiveCampaign for tracking leads.
- Facebook Groups and Mighty Networks for building high-quality customer relationships.
Take even the lowest-tier plans of these platforms and web apps and calculate the total sum you’d have to shell out to use them. Now compare that to Kajabi’s prices. The cost-saving is evident.
Even if you find it hard to believe that Kajabi can actually replace all those platforms and web apps, based on what it’s trying to achieve, Kajabi can plausibly claim that its prices are warranted.
As we noted before, there are a reasonable number of Kajabi customers who think that the platform is expensive, as these reviews attest. However, judging from the Kajabi scores and reviews found on websites like G2 and TrustPilot, there are a lot of users who think that Kajabi is cost-effective and worth it.
Some of the reasons why Kajabi customers believe that this platform is cost-effective are the following:
- Kajabi really helps you to make money, so compared to what you can earn, the fees you pay are not that significant.
- Kajabi saves you a lot of time and money due to it being an all-in-one platform, which means that it provides you with virtually everything you need for less than you would pay if you used multiple platforms.
- Customers love Kajabi for its high-quality customer support, which is one of the crucial aspects that make it worth it.
- Kajabi is cost-effective because it allows you to cancel other platforms, which, according to some customers, can save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
- Kajabi is constantly adding new features and improving its products and services without making dramatic changes or, for that matter, any changes to its pricing. This makes it a good long-term investment, which in turn makes it pretty cost-effective.
On the flip side, you should be aware that there are those who don’t think Kajabi is a cost-effective business solution. As reasons, they cite:
- Customization limitations.
- The rudimentary nature of many tools.
- The low number of products available with some of the pricing plans, more precisely, the Basic plan.
- The downtime they experienced since they joined Kajabi.
- The antiquated design of the platform and the site designs it offers.
- The inefficiency of some of the tools, such as the unsophisticated email marketing tools, etc.
Whilst there are some drawbacks and complaints, those that have selected a plan that best fits their business needs are more likely to get the best value out of Kajabi. The overwhelming majority of Kajabi customers have had a positive experience with the platform and think that it’s a business management solution well worth the money.
Does Kajabi charge transaction fees?
No, Kajabi proudly does not charge transaction fees. In fact, it’s one of the many stand-out features of the Kajabi platform. However, that doesn’t mean you won’t be charged fees by your chosen payment processor.
Which Kajabi plan should I choose if I only need one website?
Both the Basic and the Growth plan will support one website. If you’re new to all of this and only have a few products to sell, then the Basic plan would cover your needs. However, if you require a larger-scale website with the ability to sell more products and manage a larger customer base, then the Growth plan might be better.
In our “Kajabi Pricing: Is Kajabi Worth It?” guide, we analyzed the Kajabi pricing system and examined what users think about the platform’s prices and value. Based on our research, we came to two main conclusions:
- Kajabi is not cheap.
- Kajabi’s relatively high pricing doesn’t deter the majority of users, who consider it a cost-effective business management solution, and based on our research we agree with that sentiment.
Like any other all-in-one business-related web platform, Kajabi has its downsides. But it also fares pretty well when it comes to quality of service, products, and customer satisfaction. It may not be the top business solution of all time, but it’s definitely worth considering.
You can take advantage of the 14-day free trial and see for yourself whether Kajabi is worth it or not. We hope that you’ll enjoy kicking the tires of this platform and learning the ropes to get the most out of it.